I’d rather spend my time imagining how immensely BEAUTIFUL this life has the perfect potential of being. - Adam Young

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31

Sunday, November 10, 2013

~* Twilight Sparkle Build a Bear Review *~

 So, I just got the Twily BAB, so I decided to do a review! =D Here she is from the front. She's wearing her coronation gown.


 From the side


 She has the MLP logo on one of her front hooves. I have the Pinkie Pie BAB too, and she doesn't have the logo on her hoof. I thought that it was interesting that they added this on Twilight. (the Rainbow Dash BAB might have this too, but I couldn't say, because I didn't get Rainbow Dash)
Somehow there is a little smudge on her hoof. I can't say I know how this happened, considering I only got her yesterday. But I'll try cleaning it off soon.


 Her coronation gown! This is actually based off of the one she wore in Magical Mystery Cure! (and I have to say that they did an impressive job on it. It's quite pretty and accurate!)


Here is the crown that came with her coronation gown! It's based off of her crown from the show. (and the same episode, Magical Mystery Cure). Random trivia; did you know that her new crown is actually her old element of magic? I really don't know how or why it changed form, but it did. Hopefully the S4 opener will give a bit of explanation.


 I thought it was worth mentioning; I am really happy how they got Twilight's mane colors right (and her fur/coat color) on the BAB ^o^ I have the little Twily plastic figure, and her hair is only purple and pink, with no blue in it at all (not to mention her coat color is a slightly darker shade of slightly pinker purple). I did a little comparison here, but I don't know if it's noticable at all in his picture... >.< ... On the subject of hair, Twily BAB's hair isn't the most high-quality that you could imagine. It feels like a mix of being silky and a teeny tiny bit coarse, and is a teeny bit frizzy and hard to style. But it's not bad, though. Just don't expect extreme amazing-ness out of the BAB ponies hair. It's still show-accurate colors and cute :)


 Twily has a cute face :)


 Here she is without her gown (or crown) on!


 Her cutie mark! Her mark actually stands for her and her friends; her being the big pink star, and her friends being the five little white stars. (though I guess I wonder why Spike isn't a star in her cutie mark, too. I mean, he's not a pony, but he's as loyal and close a friend to her as the pony gals are, if not moreso)


 I put my hand on her to show how big she is. She's pretty big--especially for a Build a Bear--standing about 16 inches tall.


My Twily and Pinkie BABs together :) By the way, one last thought. I think it would have been neat if you could fold up Twily's wings somehow, like the pegasi/alicorns do in the show. But...honestly...I really am not sure how they could have done that, considering the stiff inserts in her wings to keep them upright. Haha. But, anyway, I hope my review amused you/informed you :) I think they did a splendid job on the Twilight Sparkle BAB, myself! =)

I thought I'd include this Bible verse, because it's really been speaking to me lately:

"Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud. It does not dishonor others. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects. Always trusts. Always hopes."

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

:)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful review! I think they did a really good job with Pinky Pie as well. You took some really good pics of her. You have a good eye for photography. Enjoyable post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review! I love Twilight and Pinkie Pie ! Wonderful Bible Verse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Review. These MLPs are two of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete