Here's the front! I have the cover of the RD comic that MLP:FiM storyboard artist Sabrina Alberghetti designed, cover RI.
The first two pages =)
Now, onto the review! I'll try to not give big spoilers about the plot, and if I do, I'll mark them.
I loved how they gave Rainbow Dash's pet tortoise, Tank, a big role in the story. Tank is my second favorite pony pet, and I was really happy to see him get a big role. Applejack plays a nice supporting role in the story. Rainbow seems a little more self-centered in the comic than she usually is in the show. (Especially compared to Season 3), but she risks something very important to her to help the afflicted Ponyvillians, and is very loyal to her friends in the comic.
They also made a few fan references *Spoilers* such as Rainbow Dash giving Tank a brohoof (which I loved), Rainbow Dash going "20% Faster", and Rainbow Dash performing a double rainboom. /// At one point of the story where Rainbow is grounded, Applejack offers her some shoes. Human-looking shoes. I thought this was really out of place, considering they ARE in Equestria. Where would she even find human shoes? (Y'know, without using the Equestria Girls mirror) *End of Spoilers*
The art was also very colorful and cute. And...Ditzy Doo appears in the background! Which is a big plus =) (She is my favorite background pony. She is called Derpy Hooves or Bubbles by some, but I prefer and use the name Ditzy Doo) There is also a background appearance of another of my favorite background ponies, Lyra Heartstrings!...I thought the antagonists in the comic were a little bit creepy-looking.
Rainbow remains pretty true to character in the story, as does Applejack (except for one time mentioning pork chops, which totally does not fit in with the pony's world, considering that they are all vegetarians.). How they portrayed the Equestrian world isn't %100 accurate, but not too bad either.
I'd recommend this comic to Friendship is Magic fans who are waiting for Season 4. I'd also recommend it to Rainbow Dash fans. It's not perfect, and neither is it my favorite issue of the Micro Series (that honor belongs to the Pinkie Pie issue!), but it's a pretty good story about Rainbow Dash, despite it's flaws. =)


Very good review. Now I want to read the comic. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat Review! I would love to read the comic!
ReplyDelete